Zoom has added some new features with its latest update this week for desktop, iPad, and Zoom Phone.
- The makers have recently added options to perform the Raise Hand and Thumbs Up Gesture on iPad.
- New features like a Focus Mode has been added to the platform that helps educators in mind and allows the participants of the call to only view limited information on the screen.
- Other additions to the platform include features like chat sidebar enhancements and a brand new admin experience.
- Other minor bug fixes and errors have been patched with this update. Such accessible updates have helped Zoom maintain its dominance in the teleconferencing industry all over the globe.
- Zoom users can now also transfer their calls from desktop to mobile phones and back without disconnecting. Admins can now apply restrictions to specific users or groups to stop them from screen-sharing when a participant joins a meeting as a ‘guest’.
- ipad users can now make use of new gestures like ‘Raise Hand’ and ‘Thumbs Up’ during a Zoom call. The Raise Hand virtual gesture shows an icon on your window — visible to other participants — indicating that you have a question or something to share and that you need to be unmuted.
- Zoom Phone updates, those with shared lines can enable a privacy feature that prevents others from barging, listening, taking over a call, picking up a held call, or whispering. This feature requires client version 5.7.6 or higher and will not work with desk phones.
- Admins will now be able to see more metrics associated with call queues — they can view the top 10 extensions by call usage such as inbound, outbound, and internal calls, or details on minutes usage.