Xiaomi unveiled its latest breakthrough in heat dissipation – Loop LiquidCool Technology.
- In Loop LiquidCool Technology utilizes a capillary effect which draws liquid cooling agent to the heat source, vaporizes, and then disperses the heat efficiently towards a cooler area, until the agent condenses and is captured via a unidirectional closed looped channel.
- Compared to conventional vapor chambers solutions, this new technology has twice the cooling capabilities and ranks as the most efficient smartphone cooling solution.
- Xiaomi aims to bring Loop LiquidCool Technology to its products in H2 2022.
- To make it work, Xiaomi will be adding a heat pipe system, an evaporator, a condenser, a refill chamber, as well as gas and liquid pipes.
- During a 30-minute Genshin Impact gameplay test running 60fps max video settings, the new system was able to keep things cooler by 8.6 degrees celsius, claims the company.
Loop LiquidCool makes use of a Tesla valve to make sure the flow of the system is unidirectional. The valve allows liquid to pass through while preventing gases from coming back in. Xiaomi claims the “one-way circulation” is the key to the technology outperforming conventional cooling solutions.