Apple has already revealed that this year’s WWDC event will take place on June 6 and it will last until June 10. So, we are just two weeks away from the upcoming Apple event. The main keynote, where the company is expected to announce new software updates and hardware products, will take place on June 6, 2022, at 10 AM PT (1 PM ET).
iOS 16, and other software versions
- iOS 16 will be the next major operating system from Apple that will be unveiled at the upcoming WWDC 2022 event.
- Apple is also reportedly working on a few new services that will be integrated into iOS. The company is expected to introduce a new “Buy now, pay later” feature this year. The cited source asserted that Apple is working on a hardware subscription program to let iOS users subscribe to hardware with the same Apple ID and App Store account that they use to buy apps and subscribe to services.
- Similarly, the watchOS 9 is also expected to bring in some more health and fitness upgrades. Apple is expected to offer a new power-saving mode with the latest software version to offer users longer battery life.
- Apart from this, Apple could also offer new watch faces and expand atrial fibrillation detection. The rest of the features are currently unknown.
- Apart from iOS 16 and watchOS 9, other software versions such as iPadOS 16, tvOS 16, and macOS 13 will likely bring new features too.
MacBook Air and more
- The MacBook Air (2022) was expected to launch in March, but that didn’t happen. But, Apple is expected to announce the new version at its upcoming WWDC 2022 event.
- The laptop will reportedly pack Apple’s new M2 chip under the hood. It could be unveiled in a variety of colour options. Apart from this, we could also see the launch of the new Apple’s Silicon-powered Mac Pro device that was teased at Apple’s March 2022 event.
- Some of the reports suggest that a new VR/AR headset could also be teased at this year’s developer conference. The rumour mill has suggested that this won’t arrive anytime soon and one can expect the release in 2023.