WhatsApp is working on its Communities feature and more information has surfaced with the latest beta release.
- The new feature was spotted WABetaInfo, a website that tracks all the new features being rolled out in the instant messaging platform’s beta version.
- Communities are like groups of various other groups and individuals. There can be multiple sub-groups within a community.
- This allows the instant messaging application to not only include a larger user base within. The community feature seems to be a general take on how Telegram channels work.
- While Telegram groups can accommodate up to 2,00,000 members, a Telegram channel can have unlimited subscribers.
- Additionally, WABetaInfo confirmed that the user will be able to choose and link up to 10 groups in a community. The community will also have a name and description. This part seems very similar to how normal WhatsApp groups work.
- According to the WABetaInfo report, when users join a community, they won’t be able to view groups that have been unlinked from a group admin. In addition, when users leave a community, they won’t be able to view linked groups to the community anymore.