WhatApp Business is opening up for all businesses and developers with the new easier-to-use cloud-hosted version of its API. “We have had the WhatsApp API available for larger businesses, but it’s been a complex product to get started with. You have to have someone implement the software for you, host it for you and maintain the software for you. And that’s a lot of complexity and burden to get started. The cloud-hosted version of the WhatsApp API removes all that complexity and you can get started in just a few minutes,” Matt Idema, vice-president, business messaging, Meta, said on a call from California.
- According to WhatsApp tracker WABetaInfo, the company is also planning to offer advanced and optional tools, including the ability to claim a custom and personal short link.
- The messaging app is also offering more features to WhatsApp Business accounts with WhatsApp premium subscription plans.
- This feature will offer the ability to link up to 10 devices to the same account and would work on the multi-device connectivity that the instant messaging platform has implemented.
- This service will also offer businesses to use of customised short link services. As per WABetaInfo, the subscription plan for WhatsApp will be optional and only limited to businesses.
- The feature is still under development and its release date is not known as of now.