An embedded SIM, or eSIM, cannot be removed. It’s a programmable SIM card that’s physically connected (soldered) to the motherboard. It does everything an external SIM card does, only you can’t physically remove it without breaking open the phone and unsoldering the chip. At first, this may seem problematic. For instance, when traveling abroad using phones with removable SIM cards, you must swap to another carrier’s SIM card to keep mobile coverage. Likewise, if you wanted to switch local carriers but keep your phone, you’d discard the older carrier’s card and install the new one.
Activation Of The eSIM
Activating the eSIM on your device is not as difficult as it sounds. Here’s your guide to activating your eSIM on your phone. Jio eSIM is already in use by users of iPhone 13 series, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, and iPhone XR, iPhone SE (2020), iPhone XS Nax, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone XS, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Now, Jio eSIM is all set to be supported on iPhone 14 series as well.
Activating JIO eSIM On iPhone 14, iPhone 13, And Other iPhones- The Steps
- Go to “Settings’ and click on “General”. Now, go to “About” and the EID and IMEI number will appear. Note it down.
- Now, all you have to do is drop an SMS, typing “GETESIM,<32 Digit EID><15 Digit IMEI>” from your device for which you are applying for the eSIM to 199.
- Now that you have sent the SMS, you will be getting a 19 digit eSIM number along with the eSIM profile configuration details. You will also be sent a notification to configure the profile.
- Next, SMS SIMCHG <19-digit eSIM number> to 199.
- Once done, SMS ‘1” to 183 for an automated call. Enter ‘1’ on the call to confirm. The call may ask for your 19 digit eSIM number. You will be receiving an SMS once the confirmation is successful.
- Next, install ‘Data Plan’ on your phone to activate the eSIM. Once done, hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- Did not receive the notification? No worries. Click on ‘Settings’ and click ‘Jio Data Plan Ready to be Installed’. Next, simply click on ‘Continue’ to activate your Jio eSIM.
Activating Airtel On eSIM On iPhone 14, iPhone 13, And Other iPhones
- Whether you want to activate Airtel eSIM on your device or convert your physical SIM card to eSIM, send an SMS with the ‘eSIM registered email id’ to 121.
- Now, after checking if your email id is valid, Airtel will send an SMS to confirm the process.
- Next, type ‘1’ in the reply in the mail in 60 seconds to confirm the eSIM request.
- Airtel will now offer support and restart the eSIM activation for users.
- After your eSIM request is confirmed, Airtel will call you over telephone asking for the final consent and will offer details about the QR code.
- After the confirmation and consent process is done, users will be given an official QR code on their email ID. You will then have to scan the QR code, the eSIM will get activated in 2 hours.
Scanning The QR Code To Activate Airtel eSIM On iPhone 14
- The process to scan the QR code is pretty simple. Once you receive the QR code by Airtel on your registered email ID, simply go to your device’s settings. Now, connect to the WiFi network.
- Once you do that, click on ‘Mobile Network’. Now, select the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Now select the ‘Add Carrier’ option in the ‘Advanced Settings’ and ‘Scan’ the QR Code.
- After you have scanned the QR code, select the ‘Download’ button and finish the process.