Think!!!!! about what might happen to your Google account data when you pass away? If you use Google services like Google Maps, Gmail, Search, or Photos, or simply if you own an Android phone, Google has plenty of data about you or your habits. Some people even save their bank card details and apps like Google Pay to make payments.
How to secure your Google data?
When you don’t use your Google account for a very long time or when the company detects no activity in your account, it then becomes inactive. The search giant gives users an option to share the account and its data with someone that they trust. Or they can even ask Google to delete it if the account becomes inactive. The search giant says “we will only trigger the plan that you set up if you haven’t used your Google Account for some time. Tell us how long we should wait before we do so.” Google also allows users to set additional waiting time period for the account to be considered inactive. You can choose up to a maximum of 18 months.
- You will first be required to enter the waiting time period for inactivity, email id, phone number and other details.
- After that, Google will give you the option to choose up to 10 people whom you want to notify when your Google Account becomes inactive and that you are no longer using this account.
- You can also give them access to some of your data and an option to download it. You will be asked to enter the email id of your trusted contacts.
- If you don’t want anyone to get access your Google account data, then you don’t need to add the email ids of anyone.
- When you add a person’s email id, Google displays a big list and asks you to choose what all data you want to share with your contact.
- The list includes Google Pay, Google Photos, Google Chat, location history and everything else that you have done using Google account.
- The company says that your trusted contact will have access for only three months after your Google Account becomes inactive.
- If you choose to delete your Google Account, then the search giant will delete all your data, including your publicly shared data like YouTube videos, and other content.
- Those who choose to share data with their trusted contacts, the email will contain a list of the data you have chosen to share.