The Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 is specifically designed for premium, ultra-slim fanless laptops that require both performance and battery efficiency.
- The Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 is the first 5 nm SoC for the PC and features a 4+4 CPU with Cortex-X1 and Cortex-A78 cores along with other Qualcomm connectivity and security features.
- With the Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3, PCs are all set to get their first taste of the 5 nm architecture albeit on ARM. According to Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 is about 85% faster in CPU and 60% faster in GPU performance.
- The Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 is also slated to offer 29+ TOPS of AI performance. Once again, the comparisons aren’t really obvious, but we can hazard a guess that this could be with respect to the Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2.
- It instead offered four Kryo 495 Cortex-A76 Gold cores at 3.15 GHz and four Kryo 495 Cortex-A55 Silver cores at 1.8 GHz.
- The GPU side of the equation is still a bit of a mystery for now. Qualcomm isn’t using any numerical nomenclature on the Adreno GPU, but the tall performance claims lead us to believe there could be substantial developments under the hood quite distinct from the previous generation.
- The Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 can be configured with up to a 10 Gbps Snapdragon X65 5G modem. OEMs can also choose to implement a Snapdragon X55 5G modem with speeds up to 7.5 Gbps or a Snapdragon X62 5G modem with speeds up to 4.4 Gbps.
- The 8cx Gen 3 SoC also uses the FastConnect 6900 2×2 Wi-Fi system with support for Wi-Fi 6E up to 3.6 Gbps. Also on the anvil is an improved Spectra ISP that now supports Auto Focus, Auto White Balance, and Auto Exposure and up to 24 MP resolution along with Qualcomm’s AI-accelerated AV suite.