On January 26, 2022, India will celebrate its 73rd Republic Day. In 1950, on this day, the Constitution of India came into existence. The much anticipated Republic Day parade begins with the unfurling of the national flag by the President of India. Following this, there is the marching of several regiments of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, along with their bands from the Rashtrapati Bhawan along the Rajpath, to India Gate and finally to Red Fort.
- The parade will begin at 10 AM.
- Those who want to watch the parade can watch it at Rajpath. Besides this, news channels will also broadcast the parade live.
- The parade will also be live-streamed on official YouTube channels of Doordarshan as well as the Press Information Bureau (PIB).
- The grand parade is scheduled to start at 9 am with PM Modi visiting Amar Jawan Jyoti. The parade will commence with President Ram Nath Kovind taking the salute. The proud winners of the highest gallantry awards will follow.
- It will be commanded by Parade Commander, Lieutenant General Vijay Kumar Mishra, Ati Vishisth Seva Medal, a second-generation Army officer.
- Alongside livestreaming, the Republic Day Parade 2022 will be broadcasted live on the Doordarshan National channel.
- The standard-definition (SD) channel run by Doordarshan is provided free-of-cost by DTH providers, including Airtel digital TV, Dish TV, and TataSky.
- All India Radio will also run the commentary of the parade live on the AIR Rajdhani station for listeners across the country.
Here’s how you can download and use it:
- Go to Play Store or Apple Store and search for the app by the name as mentioned above.
- Install it and hit open.
- Once you launch the app, you will get a list of categories to choose from.