Precaution dose for senior citizens starts in India yesterday, here’s how to register for the slot in the Cowin portal.
How to register for precaution dose in Cowin portal
- Step 1: Open the Cowin website- cowin.gov.in, navigate to the Cowin tab, and tap on the vaccination option.
- Step 2: On the following page, you will be asked to enter the registered mobile (the one that you used for the previous two vaccine shots). An OTP will pop up on the home screen, enter the digits to log in.
- Step 3: Once logged in, the site will show if you are eligible for Precaution Dose in the Appointments Module.
- Step 4: Tap on the ‘Precaution dose’ tab and then choose an appointment based on your location, and then click on Book appointment. Once it gets confirmed, you can download the details from the app.
- Speaking of eligibility, as per Cowin registered Health Care Worker (HWC) or a Front Line Worker (FLW) or a citizen above 60 years of age will be able to get the Precaution/Booster dose. However, one should note that the new dose option will be available only for those who took the second vaccine shot nine months or 39 weeks ago.
- To avoid hassle Cowin recommends carrying a photo ID to the appointment and registered mobile number at the vaccine boot. Once a session is booked, you cannot cancel it, however, the site provides the option to reschedule it.