Netflix recently started rolling out ad-supported basic plans to subscribers in select countries. These plans are cheaper than the regular Netflix plans. But all of this comes with some restrictions. Currently, the plan is not slated to launch in India, but only offered in the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States.
While subscribers do get an experience that is similar to the ones offered by regular Netflix plans, they can access shows and movies at up to HD video quality unlike the full HD and ultra-HD quality offered by the standard and premium plans. Also, these plans do not offer the ability to download titles and they come with four to five ads per hour. In addition to that Netflix has confirmed that these ads will be 15 to 30 seconds in length and that they will be played before and during shows and movies.
How to change your Netflix plan?
- Step 1: Sign into your Netflix account.
- Step 2: Go to the Plan Details section.
- Step 3: Now, select Change Plan option.
- Step 4: Choose the plan that you want to opt for.
- Step 5: Next, select Continue or Update option.
- Step 6: Select Confirm Change or Confirm option to confirm your selection.
It is worth noting that changing to a higher-priced plan takes effect immediately, while changing to a lower-priced plan takes effect on subscriber’s next billing date.