Reliance Jio, one of India’s top telecom providers recently announced the JioPhone Next, in a collaboration with Google to bring budget devices to more users in India.
- Jio’s first television does not have an official name yet, but the speculation is that it will be called Jio TV. It will reportedly come with smart features such as preloaded OTT apps.
- Reliance Jio is already working with Google for PragatiOS, which is a customised version of Android that powers the Jio Phone Next.
- The Jio tablet, on the other hand, is likely to use PragatiOS software. Reliance Jio may be looking to expand the software’s implementation to devices beyond smartphones, but that will require some tweaking, considering the display sizes and use cases differ.
- The Jio tablet may use an entry-level Qualcomm processor, according to the report. Other features such as the camera and display are not known at the moment.
- Google has set eyes on India’s untapped customer base that wants low-end products and Jio is how it will reach out to them.
- After the Jio Phone Next, the Jio tablet and Jio television will definitely shake up the market, especially if the company decides to bundle them with its existing services.