The Intel Core i9-12900KS is finally here, with the company claiming it to be the world’s fastest desktop processor available for consumers right now.
- The Intel Core i9-12900KS processor comes with a 16-core configuration, with eight performance cores, eight efficiency cores and 24 threads as part of its offering.
- The processor claims its performance boosting abilities to be among its main strengths, and supports both Intel Thermal Velocity Boost for higher performance even at high chip temperatures, and Adaptive Boost that automatically selects higher turbo boosts on cores based on the task that is running on the processor.
- Other key features of the processor include a 30MB smart cache memory, 150W base power throughput, and support for both PCIe Gen 5 and Gen 4 connectors.
- With the Thermal Velocity Boost, the Intel Core i9-12900KS can reach up to 5.5GHz at its peak turbo boosted performance level.
- The processor supports PCIe Gen 5.0 and 4.0, up to DDR5 4800 MT/s and DDR4 3200 MT/s.
- Intel says that the Core i9-12900KS is compatible with existing Z690 motherboards with the latest BIOS.