Instagram is testing a new feature that allows users to add music to their feed posts, something similar to Reels and Instagram Stories.
How users can add music to their feed posts on Instagram:
- Upload your Feed photo (following the usual steps)
- Click on Add Music
- Search for specific songs in the ‘Search’ field or browse for music in the ‘Trending’ or ‘For You’ sections of the prompt.
- Select the song that you’d like to add to your photo.
- Once a user clicks on the song, he/she will be taken to an an audio page that showcases all Feed posts that have used that song.
- Users can then select the clip duration (similar to Stories) and choose the length of time they did like to include (up to X seconds).
- Click Done and then Share.