Instagram announced that Reels is launching two new audio tools: Voice Effects and Text to Speech. The Text to Speech feature lets creators use an artificial voice to read any text they add instead of using their voice in the video, while Voice Effects can be used to modify the audio and voiceover in Instagram Reels. The latest features released by the social networking platform owned by Meta are already available on TikTok.
TikTok already has the text-to-speech feature. Considering the feature’s growing popularity, Instagram decided to implement the text-to-speech feature. Creators will be able to use this feature starting this week. The feature will be rolled out to iOS and Android users. It is important to note that in order to get the new features on Reels, users will have to update to the latest version of the app.
If you love scrolling through your Instagram feed all day, the upcoming feature would be extremely beneficial for you. The photo-sharing app will remind you to take a break from the app if you have been hooked on it for too long.
How to use Text to Speech on Instagram
To add the new text to the speech option on Instagram
- Open Reels Camera in the Instagram app.
- Record a video or upload via the gallery.
- Tap on the Text tool to add text.
- Tap on the text bubble and select Text to Speech from the three dots menu.
- Users will get two options to select from — Voice 1 and Voice 2. Select and tap on Post.
How to use Voice Effects on Instagram
- Record a Reel and tap music note to open the audio mixer.
- From the Effects menu select a voice effect to modify your reel or voiceover.