The iphone has a feature that allows people to share their Wi-Fi password. Users can share their password not just with iPhone users but ipad, iPhone or MacBook users as well.
Follow these steps but before that here are a few things to keep in mind
- Make sure both devices have the latest version of iOS, iPadOS or macOS.
- If one wants to share their Wi-Fi password with others, ensure they are in the contact list
- Both devices should have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on
- Switch of the Personal Hotspot on either devices, if it is on
- Do make sure that the email address one uses for their Apple ID is saved in the other person’s Contacts.
- Also, make sure that have their email address saved in your Contacts.
- Make sure that the device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Keep the other person’s device nearby, within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range
How to share Wi-Fi on iPhones
First, you need to make sure you have an updated version of iOS running on both iPhones. Apple released the Wi-Fi password-sharing feature in iOS 11, so make sure you’re on that or a later version. You’ll also need to turn on Wi-Fi for both devices. Also, you’ll need to add your Apple ID and the connecting iPhone’s Apple ID. If they both use the same Apple ID, you’ll have no problem. But if you’re trying to share the password with a friend’s iPhone, you’ll need to add one another’s Apple ID to your contacts list.
Once that’s all set, get your iPhone and the other device that you want to share the Wi-Fi password with. Similar to connecting via Bluetooth, you’ll have an easier time and stronger connection if the devices are close to one another.
On the receiving device, take the following steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
Now it’s time for the host device to share access. On that iPhone, follow the below steps:
- You should see an alert pop up asking if you want to Share Your Wi-Fi.
- Select the Send Password button.
- Your phone will share access to the Wi-Fi network with the requesting phone.
After the password was successfully shared, you should be able to tap Done.