Ever share your Netflix login credentials with a friend or family member? You know how it happens. They don’t have a Netflix account and want to watch the latest and greatest movie, so you share your account with them. Then you forget that you gave them access to your Netflix account until you start seeing some weird movie recommendations. Don’t panic. There’s a quick and easy way to find out who has access to your Netflix account and an even faster way to revoke their access.
How to Check
- To check on devices logged in with your credentials, you will need to log in to Netflix on a desktop/laptop. Choose a browser of your choice like Chrome, Firefox or Safari and go to the Netflix website.
- You will be asked to enter either your email ID or phone number as username and your password to proceed. Enter these credentials and click on ‘Sign In’. Once logged in, you will want to enter one of the user profiles.
- On the main page, click on the dropdown menu on the top right that has your Netflix user profile picture. Among the options that pop up underneath, you will find one named ‘Account’. Click on it to enter your account settings page.
- At the bottom of the page will be the Settings section, under which you will find many options in blue. Find and click on the option called ‘Recent Device Streaming Activity’.
- You will be able to see more details on which device has been logging into you account. You will also be able to see where they have been logging in from and the last time they logged in.
How to remove?
- Head back to the account setting page you accessed above. You can do that by going to the main page, opening the drop-down menu on the top right and choosing ‘Account’.
- Next, under the Settings section on the bottom, find the blue link that says ‘Sign out of all devices’.
- You will be asked to confirm if you want to sign out of all devices. Click the ‘Sign Out ‘ button once again to confirm.
- You can now head to Account Settings/ Membership and Billing/ Change Password to change your password and then log in once again only from the devices you want.