If you’re moving from an Android phone to an iPhone, you can transfer your account information, profile photo, individual chats, group chats, chat history, media, and settings. You can’t transfer your call history or display name.
Now, before we begin:
- You need to make sure both smartphones are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Further, it is advisable to keep both the phones on charging, since the data transfer may take a long time as it mostly goes into several GB of data.
Once you have made sure both these things are done, follow these steps:
- Open the Move to iOS app on your new iPhone.
- Open the Move to iOS app on the Android phone and follow the instructions given.
- Enter the code you can see on the iPhone app on the Android version as well.
- When selecting the apps that you want to transfer, make sure to select WhatsApp in the transfer data screen.
- Click on the Start button on the Android phone and wait till all the data is migrated to the iPhone. Your WhatsApp
account will be signed out of the Android device.
- Click on Next to head back to the Move to iOS app, and now you can transfer data from Android to iOS device. Wait till the full process is complete
- Start your iPhone and install the latest version of Whatsapp Messenger on the device. Log in to the app with the same phone number used on the Android phone. Tap on start and wait for the data transfer to happen.
- Now you will see all the WhatsApp data from the Android phone onto your new iPhone app.