Google’s latest Wear OS 3 update will be available for compatible smartwatches soon. Google and Samsung are collaborating for a new Wear OS. Google’s acquisition of Fitbit has enabled it to further improve on the software front.
- Google has even shared some of the apps and tiles that are going to be available once the new version of the OS rolls out.
- It includes YouTube Music, Google Maps, and Google Pay for the apps.
- Beyond the apps, Google is refreshing the looks of many of its most popular Tiles.
- Like the weather, the alarm clock, the handwashing timer, Google News, and Google Calendar to name a few.
- There will also be a new task switcher, which will be able to quickly cycle through in-use apps by double-tapping a navigation button on the side of the watch.
- The home screen will also be able to display icons for apps running in the background.
- With Fitbit on board, the new Wear OS is going to be even more centered on health and fitness than ever before.
- The platform will come with a Fitbit app with features like Active Zone Minutes.
- Wear OS has technically already launched, as it’s available on the Galaxy Watch 4.