Google has released several lists of the most-searched keywords, personalities, news events, movies and recipes of 2021 across countries.
- Suriya-starrer Tamil superhit “Jai Bhim”, Sidharth Malhotra-starrer “Shershah” and Salman Khan’s “Radhe” are the top three films that people in India Googled.
- “Radhe” was followed by Bell Bottom in the fourth spot and Marvel Studios’ “Eternals”. Mohanlal’s Malayalam thriller “Drishyam 2” was the eighth most-search film in India.
- “Eternals” topped the global Google searches under the movies category. “Black Widow”, “Dune”, “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” are the other most-searched films across the world in 2021, Google said.
- While cricket continued to top the charts this year with the ‘Indian Premier League’ and ‘ICC T20 World Cup’ emerging on the top spots in the overall list of leading queries in India, searches for ‘CoWIN’ and ‘Covid Vaccine’ were also trending high in the country.
- Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra became the most trending personality on Google in India this year.
- The top trending recipes on Google in India this year was ‘Enoki Mushrooms’, though ‘Modak’ and ‘Cookies’ were also among the leading queries.
- Google said that Indian Premier League, ICC T20 World Cup, and Euro Cup were the three leading sports events searched on its site in India.
It is important to note that the 2021 Year in Search results by Google do not directly suggest the most searched queries on its site. The company instead considers the searches as the trending queries that had a high spike in traffic over a “sustained period” in 2021 as compared to 2020.