Google today announced the Google Pay Pass India. It’s a subscription service like Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass that offers users access to over 1000 apps and games on Google Play Store.
- The Google Play Pass costs Rs 99 per month or 899 per month and can be shared with up to 5 family members.
- Users subscribing to the subscription service get a free subscription for the first month
- Meanwhile, users can also purchase Google Play Pass for Rs 109 on a prepaid basis.
- As part of the Play Pass subscription, you get access to high quality apps and games without ads or in-app purchases.
- The subscription includes over 1000 titles across 41 categories from developers across 59 countries, including local Indian app developers.
- Notable titles include Jungle Adventures, World Cricket Battle 2, Monument Valley, Utter, Unit Converter and AudioLab, Photo Studio Pro, Kingdom Rush Frontiers TD, and more.
- Google Play Pass will start rolling out to Android users starting today.
- To start your free trial, open the Play Store app, click on your profile icon and look for “Play Pass.”
- Users can access all apps and games available through the subscription via a dedicated Play Pass tab in the Play Store. Moreover, when browsing the Play Store, titles available via Play Pass will be easily identifiable by a Play Pass “ticket” icon.
How to get Play Pass on your Android phone
- Open the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Tap the profile icon at the top right.
- Look for “Play Pass.” Tap the option and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Subscribers can access the collection of apps and games through the Play Pass tab or by looking for the Play Pass “ticket” when browsing titles on the Play Store.
Keep in mind users need to be on Android version 4.4 and Google Play Store app version 16.6.25 and above to access the subscription service. You will also need to “have a valid payment method,” added to your Google account to start the service.