Google just showed a crazy new feature for the Google Assistant at its I/O developer conference. The Assistant will soon be able make calls for you to make a reservation — maybe for a salon appointment or to reserve a table at a restaurant that doesn’t take online bookings.
All users need to do is say, “Hey Google, book a table at Osteria Morini” or another supported restaurant. Users can also tap on the ‘book a table there’ suggestion chip when looking for details of a restaurant. Google said that these features will be available on Google Nest smart speakers ‘soon’ without giving a timeline.
- Google announced that SLING TV will be available on Chromecast with Google TV.
- Now google users will be able to customise events in their Home app feeds.
- Users can also change the settings directly in the feed or from the menu on any event card.
- when users set up a new Nest smart display or speaker from the Home app, they will get the option to set up household contacts on “speed dial” for anyone in your household.
- Guest Mode in Nest smart speakers and smart displays have gained support for more languages, in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Korean.