Google India is all set to conduct the Safer with Google 2021 event today, from 01:30 p.m. IST. The event will focus on how “Google is planning to build a safer internet for everyone.”The company might also talk about its partnership with Reliance Jio and reveal more details about the upcoming affordable JioPhone Next smartphone.
- The feature allows Android smartphones to run applications in a virtual sandbox, which prevents them from accessing any data that is not necessary, or which lies outside the sandbox.
- If users have not accessed an application on Android 11 for a long time, the operating system automatically resets the app’s runtime permissions. The feature aims to protect user’s data from being misused and maintains privacy.
- A user gets three options while using the applications, which can allow the application to use device resources, allow only when the application is being used, or deny any permission such as location, camera, or microphone.
- Google has also rolled out a comprehensive update for its Google Safety Center microsite, which now offers users in India a choice of five languages – Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, Malayalam and Telugu. Support for three more local languages will be added towards the end of 2021.
- Google introduced a new feature that makes it easier for the user to track site permissions. By tapping on the lock icon on the left side of the website address, a user can check whether they have allowed the website to access camera, microphone and location permissions. Users can disable the permissions from the menu itself.