Genshin Impact 2.0 has been announced and it is the biggest update since the game’s release. There are six islands, but people will only witness three in this update. Players will also witness new characters as well as new gameplay features. The new version of the game will be released on July 21.
- The most noticeable one is the addition of the third city out of seven major cities.
- In the new city, players will see unique cultural landscapes, stories, secrets, and historical connections to Inazuma and the Electro Archon on each of the different islands.
- There is a mountain called Mt. Yougou, which is related to the legend of the “tengu.”
- Players will also see a Grand Narukami Shrine, which enshrines a huge tree resembling a fox.
- There is also a place called Tatarasuna which is related to the crafting of swords.
- Other places include Musoujin Gorge, which has been created by a slash of the Electro Archon.
- The Hypostasis family is getting a new boss – Pyro Hypostasis.
- Players will also see the 1.6 version’s Maguu Kenki boss as a World Boss and a source for character level-up materials in Inazuma.
- The new version of Genshin Impact offers a free Beidou character. It also brings back “Theater Mechanicus,” which basically tower defense that will be available in Liyue.
- The new update will bring three new characters, including Kamisato Ayaka, Sayu, and Yoimiya.
- Ayaka is a 5-star Cryo sword character and will appear in an Archon Quest, Chapter II: Act I. Players will meet her in the Kamisato residence.
- Yoimiya is the other five-star character in the Genshin Impact 2.0 version.
- The third character that the new version will introduce is Sayu. She is a new four-star ninja character who wields an Anemo Visionanda giant claymore bigger than herself.
Much of the official announcements confirm prior leaks. However, now fans have plenty of new footage of Baal, and other Genshin Impact character cinematics to obsess over as they wait for the update.