Mozilla has released the latest version of its Web browser, Firefox 96, with multiple new features and fixes.
- In order to upgrade audio and video calls, Mozilla has worked on noise suppression and auto-gain-control in the latest update. The company has also added improvements to echo-cancellation.
- On Android, users will get a new history highlights feature with Firefox 96. It will show recently visited websites.
- Separately, Firefox users on Mac and Windows are complaining that they are facing issues while loading any website.
- The home page has higher-quality icons for recent bookmarks, and some interface elements have been fixed or improved.
- Further, with the new update, Firefox will default all cookies to having a SameSite=lax attribute.
- With the latest update, on macOS, command-clicking links in Gmail will open in a new tab.
- It has fixed issues with multiple video playbacks and video quality degradation issues on certain sites.
- It also fixes the issue where WebRTC downgrades screen sharing resolution.
- To avoid the problem with brightness changes, missing subtitles and more Mozilla has temporarily disabled detached video in fullscreen on macOS.
- lso, it brings improvements to the images displayed for recent bookmarks on the home page. The update brings improvements to the “Fill link from clipboard” and fixes the interface problem of private tabs.
- With the latest update, Mozilla says selecting ‘search group’ in ‘Jump back in’ switches to an active tab. Duplicate history items are now merged and the history delete button is labelled for screen readers.
- The update fixes the crash while browsing bookmarks. Also, users can dismiss the keyboard when scrolling Home behind the search dialog.