MyGov has partnered with WhatsApp to offer new Digilocker services on the popular instant messaging platform. These services include creating and authenticating their Digilocker account, and downloading documents like PAN card, driving license, vehicle registration certificate, among others.
How Can You Download These Documents Using Whatsapp?
- To ease the governance for the citizens, a chatbot has been activated by the government on Whatsapp
- Send a new message to +91-9013151515
- Type ‘Namastey’/ ‘Hi’/ ‘Digilocker’ and press the ‘Send’ button.
- You can now chat with the bot and ask for the required documents in your Digilocker.
- Enter the number of the service you wish to avail
Once the process is followed, the Digilocker Helpdesk will share the document on WhatsApp. However, the services can be availed by those who have their documents saved on Digilocker app, which is available on both Google Play store as well as Apple App store.
What is Digilocker on Whatsapp?
Originally started as MyGov Corona Helpdesk in March 2020, it served as a critical means to get authentic and timely information related to the pandemic. The bookings for vaccines and distribution of vaccine certificates were also done through this helpdesk. The service allowed WhatsApp to offer users authentic sources of Covid-related information along with details on vaccine appointment bookings and vaccine certificate downloads.
It is claimed that so far over 80 million people have reached out to the Digilocker helpdesk, over 33 million vaccine certificates have been downloaded, and millions of vaccination appointments have been booked across India.