The new macOS Monterey is rolling out to Mac users, bringing whole new features to FaceTime, Safari, Messages and more such applications by Apple.
macOS Monterey: How to download
If you find that your Mac is among the models listed above and compatible with macOS Monterey, you can download the new OS in some easy steps.
1. Back up your Mac. A golden rule to keep your data safe before any major upgrade.
2. To update, go to System Preferences > Software Update > macOS Monterey. Click Upgrade Now to start the download.
3. Once downloaded, install the update.
4. Restart your Mac.
New features and changes
- macOS Monterey will also include features like Universal Control, Shortcuts, AirPlay support, and new features for Safari.
- Universal Control is perhaps the most interesting addition, letting users rely on a single mouse/trackpad and keyboard across two or three devices. These may be MacBooks, iMacs, or even iPads.
- The feature will allow seamless usage between the devices using a single input tool, and will also support file transfers between the systems.
- With AirPlay to Mac, users will now be able to share their screen from an iPhone or iPad to a macOS Monterey-running device enabling sharing all kinds of content on the bigger screen.
- Apple’s Shortcuts app will also now come to Macs and allow users to set up quick automated specific actions.