Apple sent invitations Wednesday to its March 8th Spring event. This was one of the most important days in its launch calendar. The digital event, which will start at 10 am PT (10:30 pm IST), carries the tagline “Peek Performance.”
- The company may announce the fifth-generation iPad Air, Apple’s mid-range tablet which is also expected to get a spec bump with a 5G modem and a faster processor.
- The iPad Pro-like redesign was added to the Air in fall 2020, and Magic Keyboard support was added to the Air for $599.
- Apple is still working to switch all its Macs from Intel to Apple Silicon. The upcoming Spring event could be the launchpad for at most one or two new Macs.
- According to current rumours a refreshed 13-inch MacBook Pro will be launched, as well as a new Mac Mini powered by an M1 Pro chip. Apple unveiled two new MacBook Pros last fall with M1 Pro- and M1 Max chips.
- Apple announces its must buy products, including the iPhone, in September just before the holiday season starts. However, the Spring event is increasingly important.
- Apple plans to launch several new products this calendar year, according reports. Apple is expected to update the iPhone and iPad Pro, but developers will be able to see the long-awaited Mixed Reality headset (MR), which has been in development since 2015. The headset will mark Apple’s first new all-new product after 2016’s AirPods.