Amazon was acquiring the encrypted messaging app Wickr in 2012 which offers secure communications for businesses, government agencies and individuals. Amazon, however, has not revealed the value of the deal.
- With Wickr, customers and partners benefit from advanced security features not available with traditional communication services through messaging, voice and video calling, file sharing and collaboration.
- This gives security-conscious businesses and government agencies the ability to implement important governance and security controls to help them meet their compliance requirements.
- The app lets users exchange end-to-end encrypted and content-expiring messages, including photos, videos, and file attachments. WickrRAM was specifically designed keeping in the mind the military.
- Wickr is so secure that it not only encrypts users data and conversations, it also strips metadata from all content transmitted through the network.
- Wickr’s secure communications solutions help enterprises and government organizations adapt to this change in their workforces and is a welcome addition to the growing set of collaboration and productivity services that AWS offers customers and partners.