Microsoft has lately decided to consider in-game advertising for Xbox Games. Sony is also considering adding advertisements into Playstation games. These advertising will appear in these games and be used to promote game production and encourage them to continue developing free-to-play titles. Players will be able to earn rewards by viewing advertisements, and these will be sold through a private marketplace.
In-game advertising are used by game developers to make more money from their games. Developers earn money and are compensated for every view of mobile game advertisements on users’ games. In mobile gaming, there are a few different sorts of in-game advertising. Developers can include a variety of advertisements, including rewarded video ads, offerwall ads, and interstitial ads, among others. Some of the kinds we’ve included are as follows:
- Playable ads: These types of ads are like mini-games that users can try out before they decide to install. These ads are usually enjoyable, offer a good user experience and even deliver the highest eCPMs or effective cost per mille (thousand) in the industry.
- Offerwall: Offerwall is almost like a mini-store inside the game. These ads put together tasks that users can complete to receive in-game rewards. These types of ads are completely user-initiated which extends gaming session lengths significantly and can even deliver huge eCPMs.
- Rewarded video ads: These ads offer users a clear value return as users watch a video ad and receive rewards in exchange. However, these types of ads are opt-in ads that users can choose not to watch. Rewarded video ads boost in-app purchases (IAPs) and encourage the users to return to the game.
- Interstitial: These ads ensure minimum disruption to user experience. At natural pauses in an app’s flow, interstitial ads engage users with rich, customisable and appealing static or in-app video ads.
- In-game advertising help game developers generate more income through mobile gaming advertisements.
- Aside from IAPs, however, mobile game advertisements are a fantastic revenue source for developers.
- Some ad units, such as rewarding video advertisements, serve as components of the game’s economy and show gamers the value of in-game rewards. Rather than watching the rewarded video, players are more inclined to purchase IAPs.
- Developers may also use mobile game advertisements as a retention tool by offering incentives to users who engage with them.
- These advertisements also improve the user experience, especially those ad units that are incorporated into the game loop to provide the best possible result.
- Developers may give free goodies such as coins for watching or engaging with advertisements at particular times in the game.